Thursday, November 21, 2013

Twinsie Thursday: Thanksgiving

 
Hello lovelies!

Here I am again for Twinsie Thursday! Today is all about Thanksgiving :D Since I'm from Holland, we don't celebrate it, but for all US followers and for Samantha, I thought it would be nice. Now while searching for some info, I stumbled upon the nicest coincidence! Wikipedia says: "According to historian Jeremy Bangs, director of the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum, the Pilgrims may have been influenced by watching the annual services of Thanksgiving for the relief of the siege of Leiden in 1574, while they were staying in Leiden."
and 
"
Many of the Pilgrims who migrated to the Plymouth Plantation had resided in the city of Leiden from 1609–1620, many of whom had recorded their births, marriages and deaths at the Pieterskerk. To commemorate this, a non-denominational Thanksgiving Day service is held each year on the morning of the American Thanksgiving Day in the Pieterskerk, a Gothic church in Leiden, to commemorate the hospitality the Pilgrims received in Leiden on their way to the New World."

Now I happen to live in Leiden :) So does that not tie everything together nicely? I must soon visit that museum :D 

This is what I created for the occasion:



 
These were the polishes I used:



I used a base of NYC "Midtown Mink" and created the glitter gradient with "Master of Disguise" from the amazing "Slice of Life" collection by Delush Polish. Then, with a nail art brush, I painted on the pumpkin by mixing the orange and yellow in different ratios. Then I finished it with some green mixed with yellow leaves, which I touched up with some glitter to make it fab ;-)

I wish all our (mine and Samantha's) US followers a wonderful Thanksgiving! And you, Samantha, thank you again for this :) Enjoy your well-deserved holiday!

xoxoxo




Thank you Lothwen! I LOVE your mani! So cute!
You can see the design I created here:
http://manisandmakeovers.blogspot.com/2013/11/twinsie-thursday-thanksgiving.html

No comments:

Post a Comment