Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sharpie Spiderwebs!

Hello Lacquer Lovers! 
There are a few weeks until Halloween, so that means all of my nail art posts until the end of the month will be Halloween themed!

Today I have a super cute and easy nail art design for you: spiderwebs! There are many ways that spiderwebs can be done; freehand, stamping, or decals are just a few! Today I'll be trying a technique that is new to me; sharpie nail art! 


I used 3 thin coats of Nina Ultra Pro Pearly Brights. Pearly Brights is a beautiful orange with pearly blue hues when in the sun. It dries really fast and dries to a matte finish. 



Next, I took a ultra fine point Sharpie and drew on my spiderweb design. It does take a little practice, but it is easy after you get the hang of it! The beauty of this type of nail art is that it doesn't have to look perfect, since spiderwebs don't always look perfect in real life. 


Top coating Sharpie nail art is very precarious because if the brush hits it, it may smear. My advice is to use a thin quick dry top coat.


Overall, I really love this look! It took about 5 minutes in total from start to finish, so it is perfect for a fast manicure. Share this on my Facebook page if you recreate it! I would love to see it! :)

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment