Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Guest Post June ~ Lovely In Lacquer



Hello Lacquer Lovers! Today is the second installment of Guest Post June! Abby from Lovely In Lacquer has a wonderful post for you all today! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :]


Hello lovely readers of Samantha's blog! It's so nice to be talking to you. I'm Abby, owner of Lovely In Lacquer, and I have the privilege of being a guest poster here on Southern Sparkle for the day! This is my first time ever guest posting for another blog so I wanted to start off with a bang and throw some nail art at you guys. 

Something I profess to my readers frequently (perhaps too frequently) is my absolute love of polka dots. I figured that nothing would be more representative of my blog and style than a manicure all decked out in brights and spots! 

 OPI Strawberry Margarita, Essie Play Date, and Color Club Age of Aquarius provided three vibrant colors for my index, middle, and pinky nails. Each color required two coats, but none posed any issues with application. I wanted to keep the base color of my ring finger fairly simple so I used two coats of OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? and then added various dot sizes in the three aforementioned polishes. I topped everything off with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station. 


Well, I hope that my first guest post kept you guys from missing Samantha for at least a few minutes, and maybe provided you with an idea or some inspiration. I want to thank Samantha again for this lovely opportunity and all of you for any comments you leave. 

So what's your favorite pattern readers? Do you share my love of all things polka dots, or are you a chevron or stripes girl? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading!


Thank you again Abby! Your post was great! 

Giveaway News:
  Remember that I'm having a giveaway as soon as I reach 500 GFC Followers and 500 Facebook Likes! I'll announce the prizes as soon as I reach that goal!
Some unsuspected things happened, therefore I still do not know the winner of the Spring Fling Giveaway (as I am not the person verifying entries). Have no fear! I should know by the end of the week and I will announce it on Facebook and here, on the blog, after I email the winner.

 I cannot wait until Friday as I have a very special post for you guys!
Have a lovely day!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely manicure! I like polka dots with anything too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love polka dots!! So easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete