Sunday, January 27, 2013

China Glaze 'Whirled Away'

Once again here is another post I'm integrating from Facebook

Check out the review after the jump!

Jan. 14, 2013

   China Glaze Whirled Away is a glitter top coat filled with large white hexagons, medium black hexagons, and black bars in a clear base. They were matte glitters which I personally like because most of my glitter collection consists of foil or super shiny glitter. Here I used two coats. I felt as if I had to fish out the shapes and since there are more black than white, I felt it was hard to fish out the large white hexagons. The dry time compared to other glitter top coats was good. I did not pack on a lot of the clear base, so that definitely helped decrease the dry time.

   As the undies for this manicure I used Sally Hansen Pumping Iron, which is a metallic silver nail polish. It was opaque in 2 generous coats. The dry time was okay, seeing as it took about five to six minutes a coat.

 I topped it off with a matte top coat, NYC Matte Me Crazy, and I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. Matte Me Crazy, although matte, still has some shine to it. It seems almost waxy.  I found it at Wal-Mart for $1.92, so I cannot complain, but I prefer Essie Matte About You because it will give your nails a completely matte look.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment