Monday, January 28, 2013

Nail Care 101: Cuticle Care (Part One)

   Tonight I am starting a new segment on my blog: Nail Care 101. The first post will cover cuticle care. As many of you know cuticle care is one of the most important parts of nail care. Are you confused on cuticle care or confused about what a cuticle actually does than this is the segment for you!




More after the jump! 


Cuticle:The narrow band of epidermis extending from the nail wall onto the nailsurface.



   The cuticle basically keeps the bad stuff (infection, etc.) out. This is extremely important because you want to keep your hands as healthy as possible.




   The first part I will be covering is cuticle removal. I have used this method many times and it seems to work the best for me. I use Pro FX Cuticle Remover. The website says unavailable, but it should be available at your local superstore or drugstore. I purchased mine at Wal-Mart.



The directions read as follows:

  • Drop small amount onto center of each cuticle - allow to saturate area.
  • Let stand for 2 minutes.
  • Gently rub cuticles with dry towel for easy removal of excess cuticle.


   I tend to let mine soak for 4-6 minutes to make sure the cuticle is completely off of my nail. After you wipe it off I suggest using an orange stick to get the remainder cuticle off. Wipe the nail with alcohol and polish as usual.
   If you do this about every 2 weeks you should be set. This bottle is salon size, so you should be set for around 100 uses. I reccommend that you do NOT cut your cuticles. It is overall not good for you.


What do you want the next Nail Care 101 to be? Let me know in the comments or on Facebook! 



Hmmm....Do I smell a giveaway? More details on that after I reach 100 GFC Followers. We are almost at 100 likes on Facebook, so this should be easy!



 

*This prodcut was purchased by myself with my own earnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment