Friday, February 1, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge: Day 1

Today is the first day of six of the February Nail Art challenge! Did you miss that post? Find it here. The first challenge was a gradient! For this look I used Rimmel London "Pulsating" and OPI "You Glitter be Good to Me".

More on the challenge, pictures, a mini review and more after the jump!

 
 
If you are new to the nail polish world, you may not be familar with gradients. They are super cute and easy to achieve! You can use virtually any colors and it will look different every time.
 
 Here are the steps:

  1. Prepared your nails like normal (base coat, etc).
  2. Apply your favorite creme (any finish will work, but cremes look better) polish. It looks better if it is opaque. Let dry.
  3. Take a glitter polish and pool it up at the tip of your nail.
  4. Drag it down about 3/4 of the nail. Let dry.
  5. Optional: Take the same glitter used in step 3 (or a different one if you prefer) and pool it up at the tip of the nail. Drag it down 1/4 to 1/3 of the nail. Let dry.
  6. Top with your favorite top coat and clean up as necessary.




 Review: Rimmel London "Pulsating"
This is an absolutely gorgeous Fuchsia color! Rimmel stated on the bottle that it is a "One coat nail polishes. Dries in less than 60 seconds". Now while they may think this is true, it was a little of for me. It took about 2.5 minutes to dry and I actually used 2 coats. The first was just a little too streaky for me. The bottles are smaller compared to other brands. All of the polishes in the Rimmel 60 Second line are 0.27 fl oz (This is a little over half of an OPI). They cost around $1.50, which I believe is very reasonable for the size and quality. Although my polish did not perform as stated I am still impressed and I plan on purchasing more!


 
 
Review: OPI "You Glitter be Good to Me"
As always I am very impressed with OPI! "You Glitter be Good to Me" was apart of a Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) set. Here I only used one coat because I thought 2 coats of glitter might be a little too much for my nubbins. It had a great dry time of about 5 minutes. This is not the first time I have used this polish and it definitely is not the last. This has to be one of my favorite glitters that I own!
 
 
 
 
I hope you will consider taking part in my nail art challenge! The picture and link are at the beginning of this post for more information! :]
 
 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment