Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
 For my St. Patty's manicure I went with a watercolor look using the saran wrap method. To see how I achieved this look, click read more! :]


For this watercolor manicure I used the following products:
 -Saran Wrap
 -Base Coat
 -Top Coat 
 -At least 2 different green polishes
 -Glitter Topper (optional)











Here are the steps: 
STEP 1.
Apply base coat.
I used Revlon Color Stay Base Coat.

STEP 2.
Apply your base color. If you still see your white line after two coats, do not fear because it can be easily camouflaged!
 Here I used 2 coats of Sation Loudest Color.

STEP 3.
Take the saran wrap and make about 5 small balls.

STEP 4. 
Take your second green polish and apply it in small dots randomly on the nail. Blot with the saran wrap. Repeat as needed. 
For my first coat I used Sinful Colors Irish Green. For the second coat I used a mix of 3 polishes: 2 parts Revlon Emerald Green, 1 part Sally Hansen Tough Luck, and 1 part Sinful Colors Irish Green.

STEP 5. 
This step is optional.
Apply a glitter topper.
I used 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.

STEP 6.
Apply topcoat. This will seal in your design!
I used NYC Grand Central Station.




I hope you have a great St. Patrick's Day!

I want to see your St. Patty's Day manicures! Post them on my Facebook wall, or tag me on Instagram @samantha_faye16



 

No comments:

Post a Comment